Investing in real estate is always a good decision

Kimberley Stokes, 35, is the co-founder and managing partner of Urban Yoga, which opened its first branch in Business Bay in 2013. A Canadian and former management consultant, she has lived in Dubai for seven years with her husband, a Canadian management consultant she met when they were both studying for an MBA at Insead. They live in DIFC and have a one-year-old daughter, Isla.

What has been your best financial investment?

When I was at university I got student loans but I was working part-time so, after the first year, found I hadn’t spent any of the C$10,000 loan. I invested it into property developments run by an old colleague of my father’s and, about 20 months later, got a 150 per cent return, so C$15,000 back. Over six years at university I kept on getting the interest-free loans and probably invested C$40,000 in property - the least I earned was 10 per cent. It was very forward-looking for a 20-year-old. Link to full interview

Comments

Popular Posts